The Best 5 Wood Shelving Units For Your Home
A shelf is something that can turn the unusable place in your home into something that is enriching. Shelves come in varied styles and designs, and there are various ways of using them. Here are a few reasons why you should have shelves at home.
- It lets you display your personality. You can keep the items that are of interest to you on the shelves.
- You may also want to add some function into your space with the shelves. These can function as a bar or a bookshelf.
- A sturdy shelf can offer a lot of movement. You can also keep your child’s games and toys in them.
- If you are short on space, then the best way to organize your stuff is by using a shelf
- Shelves can also add extra space to your wardrobe, which lets you organize clutter better
- Shelves also provide design, function, and organization to your room
While there are many materials used in making shelves, wood stands out for various reasons. Solid wood is strong, and it comes in varied sizes that suit the needs of shelving. Wood can also be worked with and the finishing can be moulded in various ways like varnish and paint.
1. BAMEOS Floating Shelves
The Bameos floating shelf is made of rustic wood, and it is a wall-mounted shelf. It comes in a set of 3 and is ideal to be installed in your bedroom, living room, bathroom, or kitchen. If you need more storage in your house, then these shelves are your ideal choice.
The shelf is made using natural wood of a high quality that is light and strong. The carbonized pine wood surface is painted. This ensures that every wooden board’s color and texture are different so that it meets your needs. Even a simple wall stands out when you add this wooden shelf to it.
2. BAMFOX Hanging Wall Shelve
The floating shelf with a swing rope is a two-tier shelf with a hanging ideal to be installed in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, or living room. It is strong and durable, it also comes in a wide range of colors. The wooden hanging wall shelf is perfect for displaying and storing. It brings out a rustic style and lets you organize your space sensibly. The antique look ensures that it blends with any look effortlessly. The boards get varnished, which makes sure that they last for long.
3. Gneric 4 Pack Wood Wall Mount Nursery Bookshelf
This nursery shelf can be mounted on the wall to keep your CDs, books, and spices. It is elegant to look at and has a sturdy construction. You can organize your kids’ pictures, toys, and books and put in some other decorative pieces here, too.
Made of solid and sturdy wood, the shelf is functional and can be placed in all your rooms. These are sleek in design that does not take a lot of space but at the same time can store a lot as it has a good depth.
4. FURINNO Turn-S 3-Tier Compact Multipurpose Shelf
The three-tier compact multipurpose shelf has square-shaped tubes. It is made of wood, and PVC is simple and stylish to look at. The open shelf design is unique and fits into any room to offer additional storage space.
Made of French Oakwood, it is also safe to use because of its rounded edges. This feature makes the shelf the right choice if you have children and old people at home. The assembly of the shelf is pretty quick. All that you need to do is to turn on the tubes and assemble them without any tools. The shelf is manufactured using high-quality wood that makes it durable. It can also hold up to 20lbs of weight.
5. Hexagon Wall Decor Floating Shelves
The hexagon wall décor floating shelf comes in a set of three. It is decorative, and it is hung using nuts and screws. The modern design is elegant and unique, and the shelving set can be used in any of your rooms.
The decorative shelf can be used to keep your photo frames, collectibles, plants, and other stuff. It is stylish and versatile and maximizes your space. The shelf is also easy to install and attaches to the wall firmly with minimal assembly.
Your wooden shelf Buying guide
You may be tempted to purchase a wooden shelf. So how do you go about shortlisting from the numerous options available? The first is to understand the type of wooden shelf that you wish to install at home.
Fixed bracket shelves contain individual brackets that can either be used as a standalone shelf or in combination with the other brackets. It forms a multi-unit system. These can either be hinged or attached to the wall or onto a case. These come in varied styles and designs and are extensively used in the home interiors. If needed, you are free to remove the shelf.
- Built-In Shelves are simple and are fitted with alcoves, nooks, and other attachments. These are suitable for congested homes. The simplest of its kind is the single wood plank that is fixed on the wall opening. These can be fitted and assembled off-site and flexible and effective to maximize any unused spots. Floating Shelves are not only functional but are great to look at. These look like they are floating on the walls and are attached with hinges and screws. These are stylish and the best way to show your prizes. You can get them in varied colors and sizes, making them great as an interior decorative accessory.
- Corner Shelves are not restricted to use only in the corners. These are used to fit into tight spots. They maximize your storage but do not take a lot of space.
- Top-Hung Shelves find much use in storerooms and classrooms to display items like magazines, books, etc.
- Freestanding/Portable Shelves are used for storage and display. These are portable, which makes it easy to shift them to any area.
Apart from the shelf, it would be best to look at some other factors to decide on buying the right wooden shelf for your needs.
- Materials on the shelf are the first thing that you should consider. The racks could be made with various kinds of wood like MDF, engineered wood, plywood, etc. It would be best if you bought something durable and strong.
- The next is to choose the functional and aesthetically appealing design that blends with the rest of your home furniture.
- The size and the shape are also the factors that should be considered. It would be best if you decided on this as per the shape and size of your room.
- It is also essential to check if it is easy to clean the shelf. Make sure to understand the maintenance and care that the wooden shelves need.
Which is the best wood to use on the shelves?
Pine is an affordable as well as a popular choice of wood. Plywood is another popular choice in wooden shelves. Red oak, koa, and cheery are the other wood varieties used to construct wooden shelves.
How much thickness should the shelf be?
Ideally, the plywood shelf should be ¾ inch in thickness.
What is the best way to support the wooden shelves?
It is easy to make supports for your wooden shelves. You can also hire a carpenter to do this for you. All that he will do is cut the strips and screw them in the place. This will be set perpendicular to the shelf.
Whether you need a wooden shelf for your kitchen, dining room, or your living room, you need to ensure that you keep the above points in mind. Always make sure to buy the wooden shelves from a reputed online store only. It is also essential to see if the rack is easy to install. When it is about buying the wooden shelves, there are various options to choose from. From traditional to contemporary, hanging to floating, many choices are sure to overwhelm you.