If you thought chalkboards were only useful in the classroom, you’re wrong. Inventive people around the are using chalkboard paint in offices, at their homes and everywhere they can paint on. Standard black/green chalkboard paint can cost you ~$10-30 (for 30 oz.). But for other colors you will need to pay a lot more – double or even triple price. So, why not to do it yourself?
Making Chalkboard Paint
The recipe is really simple and easy:
That’s it! 8 parts of latex paint or acrylic paint and 1 part of unsanded grout. Mix everything extremely well and paint.
Before painting – surface must be clean. Remove all dust and oils.
After painting – let it dry for about 3 days. Then rub chalk along the entire surface of the board, and then wipe the chalk off with a barely-damp cloth or paper towel.
Here are some awesome chalkboard ideas we gathered just for you!
1. Lovely wine bottles transformed into decorations or vases. (via Bell’alimento)
2. Chalkboard painted mug. Send different message for your loved ones every morning.
3. Great idea for your own herb garden. Mark which herb is growing in which clay pot. (via The Robin’s Nest)
4. Holiday decorations painted with chalkboard paint. It can’t get any better than this.
5. Just look at this eclectic dinning room table. (via Madison Home)
6. The most used appliance at home? Yes it’s a fridge. And the best place to leave a message. (via KeepSmilingHome)
7. One of the best ways to stimulate children’s creativity. (via JodieRosenDesign)
8. Colorful home office organizer. (via Houzz)
9. Easy way to organizer that dresser. (via HomeLife and ElleDesign)
10. Genius way to improve your spice rack. (via InspirationForHome)
11. Have an old frame? Fill it with chalkboard paints and hang it again. (via FoundbyDomesticBliss)
12. Great way to add some colors and organize your kitchen.
13. Pink? Even this color is possible!
14. Adapt your chalkboard’s color to any interior. Green hall with green chalkboard wall. (via KathyCorbeInteriors)
What’s the most awesome chalkboard paint idea you have seen? Share your ideas in the comments below.